Friday 30 May 2014

Day 4, just over 24 hours to go!

Hi guys,

Thanks for sticking with me so far!

Well I'm practically on the last stretch, just over 24 hours to go and I think I've got a pretty solid chance of getting everything done on time.

I've been having a lot of issues with the compiler in gamemaker today to the point where it wont actually let me compile the game for windows and only in html5... which is kinda OK in that I need to submit the entry in html5 anyway and the compiler seems to be fine for that.. might just be a random glitch, I cant put my finger on why it would be fine for one and not the other but I don't really have the time to work out the issue at this point, I'm supposed to be rapid prototyping not working on gamemaker issues.

Not much to say really other than I'm down to my last few things to do on my list, I've managed to outline all of my levels today so just need to flesh these out a bit and ensure they are progressively challenging. I have sourced a few sound assets but have still to implement them into the game. I have a couple of optional animations to do and include them and their mechanics into the game but these are quick to do if I have the time. Other than that it's just a case of playtesting the game and making sure everything works after i'm done... I have been testing as I go but you often find random errors and bugs after implementing something new that you didn't have before... Gamemaker is a funny thing!!

Anyway here's a few screenies for your enjoyment and thanks for your support and sticking with me this week!









No comments:

Post a Comment